Sunday, October 5, 2008

Going into Food Photography




Photography is one of the artistic skills that I want to develop. I am a photography enthusiast and I started to photograph commercially when our agency acquired restaurant clients that required for us to shoot their food items.

Way back in 2004, I used a point-and-shoot camera to shoot food for banners and menu boards. Last year, since client's budget cannot afford the rates of our freelance photographer, I took the plunge and went for it. I only had a few DSLR technical knowledge, composition skills and a lot of guts. I borrowed a Canon 400D and lighting equipment for our first stint. After the succesful trial, we were referred to other restaurants and had regular food photography projects.

All the shots above were taken with just the lens kits. You may view the rest at my food photography set in flickr.

No comments: